pls help

Anything you want to share!
skkor9y

pls help

Post by skkor9y » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:11 am

hey ppl,
i just downloaded LU but could not work with it .... whenever i click AL or DL button it does not shows progress bar like in tutorials and as soon as i click
TT , sketchup 6 pro ....it crashes (bug splat ) i could not use it a single time ...it would b nice if any one can help ........pls

AdamB
Site Admin

Re: pls help

Post by AdamB » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:40 pm

skkor9y wrote:hey ppl,
i just downloaded LU but could not work with it .... whenever i click AL or DL button it does not shows progress bar like in tutorials and as soon as i click
TT , sketchup 6 pro ....it crashes (bug splat ) i could not use it a single time ...it would b nice if any one can help ........pls
Did you fill in the Registration key window when Sketchup first started? Without that, the buttons in the toolbar are disabled and hence return immediately which sounds like what you're seeing. The dialog can sometimes get hidden behind other windows on the desktop.

As to the crash bugs with the LightUp demo, they fall into two categories:
  • 1. Bugs within the demo such as dealing with complex geometry and the way the demo communicates with Sketchup.

2. Graphics card driver problems. LightUp does make more use of your graphics card than plain vanilla SketchUp so ensure you have updated drivers.
So, check you've entered the correct reg key, start off with some trivial geometry to check things are working, and ensure you have up-to-date drivers.

Just FYI, the (unreleased) development of LightUp addresses the majority of bugs regarding complex geometry / working with SketchUp. It also has a better detection of your cards capabilities and tries to automatically fallback to a simple rendering mode if neccessary (in the demo you have to choose this from the "Tools->LightUp->Force simple rendering" menu).

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

skkor9y

problem detected

Post by skkor9y » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:40 am

thanks sir ,
i appreciate yr feedback.. but i think i got d problem... if we have more than one account in our PC then it works fine in some n just crashes in some..... as a developer i would like to inform u.....while installing it asks whether to install for this account or for every account ...i think something has gone wrong there ............. i hope this inf was useful.... again thanking u 4 creating light up as architecture student it excites me a lot...........

marchab

Post by marchab » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:40 pm

... the (unreleased) development of LightUp addresses the majority of bugs ...
The announcement made on may 21st had risen a lot of hope for a release a few weeks ago.
I check every second day for it.
Unsuspected problems rose, I guess.
Mario C, SketchUp & LightUp trainer, Mac & pc

AdamB
Site Admin

Post by AdamB » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Keep your hopes up!

The delay is due to a couple of nasty bugs that are proving 'challenging' and have required a whole raft of additional technology to be built. And to a lesser degree, problems with OSX 10.5 Leopard compatibility issues. As soon as they're fixed, I'll get a new demo out as quick as I can.

Adam
Developer of LightUp http://www.light-up.co.uk

Edson

Post by Edson » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:38 pm

this is good news, adam. i keep my eyes open for the next LUp release. good luck on your work!

edson
---
edson mahfuz
architect | porto alegre, brasil